We offer acute inpatient psychiatric care for seniors ages fifty (50+) and older. Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health offers a specialized therapeutic senior adult unit addressing the specific needs of the seniors with psychiatric challenges including depression, bipolar disorder, psychosis, and co-occurring disorders. Symptoms can also include behaviors complicated by memory care challenges.
Inpatient Service Highlights
- Structured, therapeutic environment addressing the specific medical and psychiatric needs of the senior population
- Assessment, diagnosis and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric issues
- Focused on smooth transition to less intensive, appropriate levels of follow-up care and support
- Psychiatrist-led multi-disciplinary treatment team of clinicians provides multi-modal, psycho therapeutic treatment that addresses issues specific to our senior patients
- Coordination and discharge planning with families or other caregivers, community agencies and insurance companies